First trees planted in Uganda!
- TroFaCo are expanding our collaboration into Uganda, and have agreed with two partners there. They are EADEN (Eastern Archdiocese Development Network), which is a network of Caritas’s (Caritas are the development organisations of the Catholic Church) and farmers groups in Eastern Uganda, and CIDI, a secular NGO with activities all over the country.
- EADEN will connect to businesses in Uganda as well as to overseas catholic congregations, with assistance from the church in Uganda. For CIDI we have been able to get the first customers through the Danish voluntary climate action group, GrowForIt.
- TroFaCo will support marketing for EADEN and CIDI. For example, if EADEN has established contact with a potential partner in Europe or North America, TroFaCo can follow up with that partner.
- TroFaCo will also support documentation: We will include a map of Uganda with the planting sites identified and pictures showing before and after plantings. This map can be on our website and the site of any client wishing it.
- In Uganda we will be able to help regenerate natural forests, in National Parks and on other land. Write us if you are interested in learning more.
Regrowing Ugandan forest